- Allow Unix Filenames: This will purge invalid Unix/Linux characters from export file names.
- Wrap Long Descriptions: If the description is longer than the Max Description Length specified below, text or comment lines will be created until the description is fully accounted for.
- Max Description Length: 1000
- Export File Format: ECI Spruce
- Export Adapter: Should be set to "ECI Spruce" in order to use the API integration with Saberis.
- The Service URL and Authorization Token must be obtained from ECI.
- There must be a special order SKU entered.
- Customer Number is not required for the Spruce integration.
There is no need to download processed files from SaberisConnect with the ECI Spruce API integration. Once your vendor data has successfully imported into SaberisConnect, you can proceed to Spruce to complete the process!
Please contact your ECI Spruce representative to set up the API connection.
See the video below for more detailed instructions:
The file upload process can be used when the API integration is not available. You must have the Spruce "XpressPOS" import function enabled in order to manually upload files to the Spruce system.
Start a new quote or order. Fill in the necessary header information such as Customer Name and Order Number. If applicable, enter the job number.
At the bottom of the page select the F2 import. Then select XpressPOS.
Click on the elipse button to select the file to be imported. Make sure a Template item is selected, Copy Costs is selected, and that there is a Comment Item SKU selected.
Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the SaberisConnect Processed File to. This will probably be on your desktop. Since Spruce is open on the Spruce server, navigate to your desktop which is usually setup by IT as "tsclient" under the Network.
Before you click on Accept, select the Save Defaults button in the top right corner. This will save the path you selected as the default, along with the other settings.
After clicking on Accept, all the items will be added to the order.